Tillamook Naval Air Station

From W.H. Cameron / Bill Cameron Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tillamook Naval Air Station is a location in the Eden Pond Series.

Details

The Naval Air Station south of Tillamook was commissioned in December 1942 as a site to house and launch K-Class Blimps for use in anti-submarine warfare. Construction of the two wooden hangars began was completed by August 1943.[1]

During the war, the station housed a squadron of eight airships, each manned by a crew of ten[2].

Appearances

References